Original Research Article I Volume 1 I Issue 4 I 2013
OPTIMIZATION OF MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT BY UASB REACTOR AND POLISING POND
Gangesh Kumar Kasaudhan; Neha Mumtaz; Vijay Raj
Biolife; 2013, 1(4), 200-207
Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor are mostly designed using empirical formulae derived either from past pilot scale studies or from performance of already existing sewage treatment plants elsewhere. Actual performance of the sewage treatment plant can differ from that of design mainly due to differences in sewage characteristics & local conditions.
Anaerobic Process, India, Sewage Treatment, UASB.
1. Chernicharo, (2007) “Anaerobic Reactors”, Biological wastewater treatment series, Vol. IV, IWA publishing, London, New York.
2. Dinsdale, R. M., F. R. Hawkes, D. L. Hawkes, (1997) Comparison of mesophilic and themophilic upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactors treating instant coffee production wastewater. Wat. Res., 31: 163-169.
3. Khalil.N, Mittal A.K., Raghav A.K, Sinha Rajeev (2006),” UASB technology for sewage treatment in india: 20 year experience”. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, Vol.5, No.5, 1059-1069
4. Letting G, van Velsen, AFM, Hobma SW, de Zeeuw W and Klapwijk A, (1980),“Use of the upflow sludge blanket (USB) reactor concept for biological wastewatertreatment especially for anaerobic treatment, Biotechnol. Bioeng, 22:699-734.
5. Mara, D.D. (1997), “Design Manual for Waste Stabilisation Ponds in India”, Lagoon Technology International Leeds, England, 18-42,65-66
6. Marcos Von Sperling, (2007), “Waste Stabilisation Ponds” Biological Wastewater Treatment Series, volume. 3, IWA Publishing, London, New York
7. Metcalf and Eddy, (2003), “Wastewater engineering treatment and reuse”, Fourth edition, Tata McGraw Hill. Publishing.
8. Tchobanoglous, G., Burton, F. L., (1991), “Wastewater engineering: Treatment, disposal and reuse”, 3rd. Ed., New York, McGraw Hill, 394-426.
Received: 17 October 2013; Accepted: 29 November 2013; Published: 9 December 2013
How To Cite:
Gangesh Kumar Kasaudhan, Neha Mumtaz, & Vijay Raj. (2022). OPTIMIZATION OF MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT BY UASB REACTOR AND POLISING POND. Biolife, 1(4), 200–207. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7193535