Original Research Article I Volume 1 I Issue 4 I 2013
RESPONSE OF PIGEONPEA GENOTYPES AGAINST PIGEONPEA LEAF WEBBER GRAPHOLITA CRITICA (MEYR.) (LEPIDOPTERA: TORTRICIDAE)
Bharath Kumar N and Suhas Yelshetty
Biolife; 2013, 1(4), pp 242-245
Fifty three pigeon pea genotypes were screened against leaf webbber, G. critica of which 11 genotypes were from Multilocation trial Medium duration (MLT-MD), 18 genotypes from All India Crop Improvement Project (AICRP) trials and 24 genotypes from International Crops Research Institute for Semi-arid Tropics (ICRISAT) trials. Under MLT-MD trials the variety Asha and TS 3R C4 (2.67 webs/ 5 plants) recorded the lowest number of webs. In AICRP trials the lowest number of webs per five plants was observed in RVSA 81 (1.33 webs/ 5 plants), Rajeev lochan, P-703 (2.00 webs/ 5 plants), RVSA 34, RVSA 64, WRG 157 and WRG 98 (2.33 webs/ 5 plants).
Grapholita critica, Screening, Pigeonpea.
1. Akhilesh, K. and Nath. P., 2003, Pest complex and their population dynamics on early variety of Pigeonpea UPAS-120 at Varanasi. Indian J. of Entom., 65(4): 453-460.
2. Bant, S. K. and Harpreet, K. C., 2006, Evaluation of Pigeonpea genotypes for resistance to pod borer complex. Indian J. Crop Sci., 1(1-2): 194-196.
3. Bhadauria, N. K. S., Bhadauria, N. S. and Jakhmola, S. S., 1998, Response of early maturing pigeonpea genotypes against leaf Webber, Grapholita critica. Indian J. of
4. Narendra, C., Singh, Y. and Singh, V. S., 1998, Pest complex and their succession on Pigeonpea variety p-33. Indian J. of Entom., 60(4): 334-338.
5. Sahoo, B. K. and Senapati, B., 2000, Relative abundance of pod borer species in different maturing Pigeonpea varieties in Coastal Belt of Orissa. Indian J. of Plant Protection, 28(2): 192-194.
6. Sinam, S. and Singh, T. K., 2004, Insect pest complex of Pigeonpea in Agro-ecosystem of Manipur. Indian J. of Entom., 66(3): 222-224.
Received: 14 October 2013; Accepted: 29 November 2013;; Published: 6 December 2013
How To Cite:
N. Bharath Kumar. (2022). RESPONSE OF PIGEONPEA GENOTYPES AGAINST PIGEONPEA LEAF WEBBER GRAPHOLITA CRITICA (MEYR.) (LEPIDOPTERA: TORTRICIDAE). Biolife, 1(4), 242–245. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7193844