Original Research Article I Volume 1 I Issue 4 I 2013
GENETIC PARAMETERS OF YIELD AND YIELD COMPONENTS POOLED OVER ENVIRONMENTS IN SESAMUM (SESAMUM INDICUM L.)
P. Jhansi Rani; P.V. Rama Kumar
Biolife; 2013,1(4), pp 231-234
An investigation was carried out to assess the genetic parameters i.e variability, heritability and genetic advance for nine characters viz., plant height, days to 50% flowering, number of primaries, number of secondaries, number of capsules per plant, number of seeds per capsule, 1000 seed weight, oil content and seed yield plant in 10 genotypes over six environments during Kharif, 2010 and Rabi 2010-11.
Variability, heritability, genetic advance and Sesamum indicum L
1. Ajay Singh, J. P. Shahi and D. M. Langade. 2013. Appraisal Of Heterosis For Yield And Yield Attributing Components In Maize (Zea mays L.). Biolife. 1(3):-123-129.
2. Babu, D.R., Kumar, P.V.R. and Rani, C.V.D. 2005. Genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance of seed yield and its components in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Research on Crops, 6 (2) : 307 - 308.
3. Gawali, C.W., Bhoite, K.D., Pardeshi, S.R., Mhaske, B.M. and Wagh, M.P. 2007. Study of genetic variability and correlation studies in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Agricultural Science Digest, 27 (4) : 282-284.
4. Govindarasu, R., Rathinam, M. and Sivasubramanian, P. 1990. Genetic Variability in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Madras Agricultural Journal, 78 (1-3): 450-452.
5. Hanson, C.H., Robinson, H.F. and Comstock, R. E .1956 . Biometrical studies of yield in segregating populations of Korean lespedza. Agronomy Journal, 48(6) : 268-272.
6. Janardhanam, V. and Subbash Chandra Bose .1991. Variability, heritability estimates and genetic advance in sesamum (Sesamum indicum L.). The Andhra Agricultural Journal, 38 (4) : 359-361.
7. Johnson, H.W., Robinson, H.F. and Comstock ,R.E .1955. Estimates of genetic and environmental variability in soybeans. Agronomy Journal, 47 : 314-318.
8. Kandaswamy, M., Sundaram, M K., Sridharan ,C .S. D. and Rangaswamy, S. R. D. 1990. Genetic variability in sesamum. Madras Agricultural Journal, 77 (9 -12) : 395-398.
9. Lush, J. L. 1940. Intra-sire correlation on regression off-spring on dams as a method of estimating heritability of characters. Proceedings of American Society of Animal Production, 33: 292-301.
10. Panse, V.G .1957. Genetics of quantitative characters in relation to plant breeding. Indian Journal of Genetics, 17: 318-328.
11. P. K. Singh, Nitish Singh, A. K. Singh, J. P. Shahi and M. Rao, 2013. Heterosis In Relation To Combining Ability In Quality Protein Maize (Zea Mays L.). Biolife. 1(2):-65-69.
12. Raghuwanshi, K.M.S .2005. Study of genetic variability in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Journal of Maharashtra Agricultural Universities, 30 (3): 264 – 265.
Received: 11 October 2013; Accepted: 29 November 2013; Published: 5 December 2013
How To Cite:
P. Jhansi Rani, & P.V. Rama Kumar. (2022). GENETIC PARAMETERS OF YIELD AND YIELD COMPONENTS POOLED OVER ENVIRONMENTS IN SESAMUM (SESAMUM INDICUM L.). Biolife, 1(4), 231–234. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7193677