Original Research Article I Volume 1 I Issue 4 I 2013
PHYTOPLANKTON DIVERSITY OF SOME SELECTED STREAMS OF DEHRADUN DISTRICT OF UTTARAKHAND STATE
Negi R.K; Yadav N; Vishnoi V
Biolife; 2013, 1(4), pp 165-169
The present study was carried out investigate the phytoplanktonic diversity in some selected streams of capital Dehradun of Uttrakhand state during the months of March and April, 2013 viz. Shastradhara, Noon, Song and Suswa upstream. A total of 36 genera belonging to 15 families and 6 orders were documented from the all selected study sites in the month of March. In the month of April, 42 genera belonging to 18 families,
Phytoplankton, Streams, Dehradun, Uttarkhand.
1. APHA, AWWA and WPCF 1985. Standard method for the examination of water and waste water 16th Ed American public health Association, New York.
2. Farahari. F., Shabnan and Skandri, S. 2006. Plankton diversity and Nutrients at the Jajerood River in Iran. Pakistan J of biological science 9(9): 1787-1790.
3. Fonge.B.A and Tening. A. S 2012. Phytoplankton diversity and community along the salinity gradient of the mass estuary.American journal of human ecology (2): 58-64.
4. Izaguirre, I., Oofarrell, I. and Tell, G. 2001. Variation in phytoplankton composition and limnological features in a water-water ecotone of lower Parana basin (Argentina). Freshwater Biol., 46: 63-74.
5. Jayabhaye,U.M. 2010. Studies on the phytoplankton diversity in Swana Dam, Maharashtra India., International Research J. 2:11-12.
6. Kadri, A., 2004. Seasonal distribution of phytoplankton in Orduzu dam Lake. Turk J Bot., 28: 279-285.
7. Lichman, 2000. Growth rates of phytoplankton under fluctuating light. Freshwater Biol, 44: 231-293.
8. Mahor.R.K and Singh Beena 2009. Diversity and Seasonal variation Fluctuation of phytoplankton in fresh water Reservoir IGHRA Gwalior (M.P) India. International Research J., 10:51-52.
9. Mathivanan, Vijyan.P and Jeyachitra.O. 2007. An Assessment of plankton population of Cauvery River with Reference to pollution.J. Environmental Bio. 23(2) : 523- 526.
10. Pailwan, I. F, Muley, D. V. and Surykant, M. 2008. Limnological Features plankton diversity and fishery status of three fresh water perennial tanks of Kolhapur District (M.S) India. Proceedings of Tall 2007 the 12th World lake Conference 1643-1649.
11. Patra, A. K. 1985. Studies on the primary production of River Mahanadi at Sambalpur. Proc. Natural Academy Science India. 4 : 290-294.
12. Richardson, T. L., Gibson, C. E. and Heaney, S. I. 2000. Temperature, Growth and seasonal succession of phytoplankton in Lake Baikal, Siberia. Freshwater Biol., 44: 43-440....
Received: 11 October 2013; Accepted: 20 November 2013; Published: 1 December 2013
How To Cite:
Negi R.K, Yadav N, & Vishnoi V. (2022). PHYTOPLANKTON DIVERSITY OF SOME SELECTED STREAMS OF DEHRADUN DISTRICT OF UTTARAKHAND STATE. Biolife, 1(4), 165–170. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7192979