Original Research Article I Volume 1 I Issue 4 I 2013
INCIDENCE OF FILARIASIS IN ENDEMIC AREAS BY MEANS OF FIELD SURVEY TO DETECT THE MF DENSITY, MF RATE, DISEASE RATE AND ENDEMICITY IN THE COMMUNITY
Viveka Vardhani V; Adinarayana R
Biolife; 2013,1(4), pp 159-164
Lymphatic filariasis is a major public health problem affecting about 120 million people all over the world. India has a significant share in it. The effective cure and control of the disease depends on the topographical, ecological and assessment of epidemiological situations of the endemic area; they include the prevalence of the disease transmitting vectors and their control managements. In the present survey, it was found that the filarial endemicity rate was 6.0% and the rate of infection was above 1.5.
Filariasis, field survey, microfilaria, endemicity.
1. Anil Prakash., Mohapatra, P.K., Das, H K., Sharma, R.K. and Panicker, K.N (1998). J. Pub. Health. XXXXII (4): 103-107.
2. Awandkar, S. P, Manwar S. J, and Badukale D. M.performance economics of broiler rearing with reovirus infection, Biolife, 1(3):-136-138
3. Goel, R.S., Verma, N.S, Mullan, S.A.and Ashdown, A.C (2006). Int. J. Urol. 13: 565-568.
4. http://mohfw.nic.in/nvbdcp/%20website/filariasis. html, accessed on 13 May 2008.
5. Koya, S.K., Sumil Kumar., Raghu, K. and Sharma, R.C. (1998) J. Com. Dis., 30: 117-120.
6. Mahapatra, A. and Das, P.K (1995). Proc. Int. Symp. on Vectors and Vector borne diseases: 246-246.
7. Manson, P. (1883). The filaria Sangius Hominis. H.K. Lewis, London.
8. Misra, C. P. and Singh, N. (2003). J. Pub. Health. XXXXVII: 27-30.
9. Misra, R.N., Misra, C.P., Reddy, D.C.S and Gupta, V.M. (2001). J. Pub. Health. XXXXV. 14-19.
10. Rao, C.K., Sen, T., Roy Chowdhury, S.P., Datta, K.K., Das, M., Krishna Rao, C.H. and Sharma, S.P. (1978). J. Comm. Dis. 10: 194.
11. Rao, C.K. (1979). Meeting of Bio Regional Research Study Group of Bancraftian filariasis, New Delhi. SEA/FIL/RSG/WG/2.
12.Shenoy, R.K., Suma, T.K. and Kumaraswamy, V. (2003). J. Com. Dis. 35: 9-16.
Received: 5 October 2013; Accepted: 18 November 2013; Published: 7 December 2013
How To Cite:
Viveka Vardhani V, & Adinarayana R. (2022). INCIDENCE OF FILARIASIS IN ENDEMIC AREAS BY MEANS OF FIELD SURVEY TO DETECT THE MF DENSITY, MF RATE, DISEASE RATE AND ENDEMICITY IN THE COMMUNITY. Biolife, 1(4), 159–164. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7192777